Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Long Day

Okay so today was probably one of the busiest days of the summer at work. Not only that, but I am attempting to get over a sinus infection which has been plaguing me for quite some time now and seems to either be getting worse or simply not doing anything; even though I'm on an antibiotic, that doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyway, I nearly passed out at work today from a horrible dizzy spell...in front of my kids! Or my class I should say. It was not fun. Luckily, there was a chair to break my fall so I sat down for a few minutes and took a few deep breaths and felt a bit better.

Then there was the meeting. Every year at the beginning of the school year (the school actually begins on August 28th), we have a staff meeting. Anyway, my director thankfully provided dinner for us, thus saving me the trip of having to go pick something up...not that I would have had time to do so anyway (I work until 6:00, closing time for the preschool and the time when the meeting started). So that was nice; we had Subway and then talked...and talked...and talked about everything from introducing ourselves to policies to discipline, and so on. The meeting lasted a total of 2 1/2 hours. Blah.

So I worked a total of about 12 hours today when I normally work 8 hours a day. At least I'll get overtime pay! ;-)

All right enough whining from me. On the upside, I got a lot accomplished today with the cubbies; I added the kids' names and cleaned the cubbies...pretty darn well if I do say so myself. I am really excited for the school year to start; I will be working in the Two's Room. Last year I worked in the Three's Room (3A to be exact; there were so many that we had to divide them up!) and I realized that there is just too much "drama" with 3-4 year olds! Yes I know they are young, but when one constantly hears "You can't come to my house!" and " took from me!" every few minutes, it just really gets to you. I have noticed when I have been in the Two's Room that the kids in there are 'calmer' in the sense that they don't do the same dramatic stuff as the older kids do. Sure they have their moments, but they are much easier to deal with if you ask me.

Well I am about to fall asleep (it's 11:59 PM here), so I think I shall end this entry. Have a great rest of the week! I'll try to post something else in a day or two.

-Lisa

No comments: