Monday, August 28, 2006

And We're Off

Today was the first day of preschool. Maybe I should rephrase that: it was the first day of the actual school year. Yeah that sounds about right. I am now working in the Two's Room and I love it already. Sure it's only been one day and I haven't met all of the children yet (some only come on Tues/Thurs and some on MWF), but I have met most of them and they are wonderful. Thankfully I am getting along with both of my co-teachers thus far. Okay so the lead teacher in the room is a bit controlling, but she's not too bad; we like her. :-)

It was of course quite chaotic this morning since everyone was still getting used to their new environment. Some of the children transitioned well from the other room while others had a harder time. It's to be expected, however, especially when you're only 2 years old. To be honest, I was surprised at how well the first day went. The kids really seemed to enjoy being at school and with friends and of course meeting new friends.

I am hoping that the rest of the school year continues to be like this. I know there will be several ups and downs, but in the end I am sure that it'll all work out. :-)

That's about all for now; hopefully I will have some more time this week to write another entry. Until then, bye!

-Lisa

No comments: