Sunday, September 24, 2006

L'Shana Tova Indeed!

I am on cloud 9 right now! There are two main reasons for this and they are:

  1. I found out on Friday that I will be able to go to Chicago with my parents. Originally, I wasn't going to be able to go because someone else at work was taking the day off, but she decided to cancel that. I'll get into this more in a minute.
  2. My Grandma knows how much I absolutely adore the musical Wicked and also called on Friday, telling me that she got me a ticket to see it in Chicago on Friday night!!!!!

All right now that I have those two items covered, I'll go into more detail on each. I had originally asked for September 29th off about a month ago when I first found out that my parents were going to Chicago for my little cousin's 1st birthday. Well my director said that I couldn't take that day off because one of my co-workers was already taking that day off and we are VERY short on staff right now, thus making it impossible. Of course I was crushed, but I decided that maybe something could happen to make me able to take this day off. My mom had been asking me almost everyday if I could just go ask again (I didn't because I knew the answer). Finally on Friday, I called my mom to tell her that I had a staff meeting on Monday (I know, completely off the topic, but whatever; this is my blog, haha ;-) and she then told me that my Grandma had called telling her that Wicked was going to be in Chicago for another week...this prompted me to rush downstairs and plea for the day off! Well Audrey (my director) said that even though Jess had canceled her day off, she (Audrey) had also canceled the sub! I was fuming. BUT then Audrey said she'd give her a call and see if she could get the sub back. I was rather thankful. Well about 2 hours later, Audrey came into the room saying "You owe me--I got you the day off." She was smiling about it and I wanted to hug her! I think I thanked her about 10 times in a row.

All right now more on my Grandma and me seeing the musical that I have been longing to see since I first listened to the OBC soundtrack a few months ago. My Grandma said that Friday the 29th was the very last performance (the evening one anyway; I'm not sure if there is a matinee that day). Naturally I was excited as hell. Pardon my french. ;-) Now I was planning on paying for a ticket since I wasn't about to make my Grandma pay for it...but she beat me to it. That evening, before we went to Temple for Rosh Hashana, she called and told me that she got me a seat...in the 6th row of the main floor, just off center! I was beaming, but since I was so tired I simply said, "Thank you so much!" I think that was for the best.

I am still debating on whether I should pay her back; my parents said that I should accept this as a gift, but to thank her again when we see her (well duh, mom!) on Friday. I'm thinking of going that route since I have other expenses to think about right now.

For instance: moving. Yep that's right! I am going to move into my new apartment on Saturday, October 28th! So that's exciting. Now all we need to do is pack up all my stuff, call the apartment complex and let them know the move in date and get a moving truck!

So I'd say that this is defnitely a good start to the New Year.

L'Shana Tova!

-Lisa

No comments: