Sunday, September 10, 2006

A New Place to Call "Home?"

Well I spent yesterday afternoon and this afternoon pretty much looking around for an apartment. I must admit that there are a ton of places around here that I didn't even know about! Thank goodness for Apartment Guide (THE apartment magazine to have if you're looking for something!) which pretty much set my dad and I in the right direction.

While there were a couple of places we looked at yesterday that looked rather promising, when we went out today there was a possible winner. Not only is the complex located in a great location (close to shopping, restaurants, and work), but it's also in a very safe location. That has been one of the key issues for me (and my parents, hehe).

I loved the exterior and interior of the apartment. And it really has a lot of room for one person! I really don't care that there aren't washer/dryer hook-ups in the apartment itself. That isn't very important to me. As long as there is some form of security, a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and a form of living/dining area, I'm happy. And this place had all of those things.

So things are looking up in the search for an apartment. Now all I have to is calculate the numbers to make sure I can afford it! I'm pretty sure I can, but it's always good to double, triple, and quadruple check.

Have a nice rest of the afternoon.

-Lisa

No comments: